apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: [Patch]: Update build config files to recognize IBM's Tivoli Directory Server LDAP client SDK (APR_HAS_TIVOLI_LDAPSDK).
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:42:21 GMT

Graham Leggett wrote:
> Paul J. Reder wrote:
>
>> I didn't mean to imply I didn't have working SSL code, just that it is
>> likely to cause some debate.

(i.e. I *do* have working code currently - just not submitted yet)

>>                              So I wanted to get the basics of recognizing
>> the libs in to the build first, *then* the fun could begin.
>>
>> There are differences in the way the init has to happen and the way certs
>> are loaded/accessed.
>
> I managed to survive the joy of getting openldap, netscape/mozilla,
> novell and a few others bent into the common API, and they all had
> completely different ways of doing SSL.
>
> If you can point me at some documentation, I can take a look and see
> just how easy / hard it might be to support. The optimist in me has this
> theory that it's easier than we might think :)
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> --

My reason for not submitting the code is that it is likely to cause some debate,
not that it wasn't done. I didn't want the debate about how to do init
and handle certs to cloud getting the basics in.

The other complication is that the IBM Tivoli LDAP libs use IBM's GSKit SSL libs
rather than openSSL. That's not a problem, just another twist that encouraged me
to get the basics in first and build from there.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein