apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Still crashes in apr dbd mysql plugin
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:02:18 GMT
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:40:55 +0200
"Maarten Engelen" <maarten@iridia.nl> wrote:

> I think that for some reason the 'row' structure is getting corrupted,
> but I can't really see why or how this is happening. Besides that, the
> application can run for a few days or a few hours and then suddenly
> crash with one of the errors above. Most of the times it is
> (*row)->row = r; which causes the crash.

Does your program guarantee that the "row" argument to get_row
is always either
  * a pointer to NULL
or
  * a pointer to a valid apr_dbd_row_t* that can safely be written?

If you were (say) passing it uninitialised pointers, I'd expect it
to break much quicker than you said.  But if that could happen in
some edge-case, for example?

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/