apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Lucian Adrian Grijincu" <lucian.griji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release APR 1.2.9/0.9.14 and apr-iconv 1.2.0
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:32:32 GMT
On 6/7/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Lucian Adrian Grijincu wrote:
> > I took http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/apr-1.2.9.tar.gz
> > Hope I'm on target now:)
> >
> > I've done two tests. One in which I ran buildconf myself and one without.
> > For each test I then ran:
> > ./configure
> > make
> > make test
> >
> > Both failed with:
> > testsockets         : \/bin/bash: line 1: 10039 Segmentation fault
> > (core dumped) ./$prog
> >
> > the line possition it reports differs from run to run.
> >
> > Same system: Ubuntu 7.04, 32bit.
> >
> > Also:
> > Still haven't checked if this is to be expected running ./test/testall
> > gives:
> > testatomic          : SUCCESS
> > testdir             : SUCCESS
> > testdso             : FAILED 8 of 9
> > testdup             : SUCCESS
> > testenv             : SUCCESS
> > testfile            : SUCCESS
> > testfilecopy        : FAILED 2 of 4
> > testfileinfo        : SUCCESS
> > testflock           : FAILED 2 of 3
> > testfmt             : SUCCESS
> > testfnmatch         : FAILED 2 of 2
> > testargs            : SUCCESS
> > testhash            : SUCCESS
> > testipsub           : SUCCESS
> > testlock            : SUCCESS
> > testlfs             : SUCCESS
> > testmmap            : |Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > Even though they pass when run from make check.
>
> Yow :(
>
> would you try running within gdb and give us the where's?  You might
> need to recompile with CFLAGS=-g for debugging symbols.
>
> Bill

Sorry,
I was sleepy and unattentive:
testall is supposed to be run from the test/ subdirectory.
I ran it as ./test/testall, with chdir being the apr directory, not
it's test subdir.

Nothing to see here, please move along :)

See my other mail: with the patch applied all tests succeed.
(still if I run testall from apr and not apr/test/ some tests fail,
but I think it's in the test design to be so).

--
Lucian Adrian Grijincu