apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Lucian Adrian Grijincu" <lucian.griji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release APR 1.2.9/0.9.14 and apr-iconv 1.2.0
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 15:06:44 GMT
I've gotten it down to this:
       int getaddrinfo(const char *node, const char *service,
                       const struct addrinfo *hints,
                       struct addrinfo **res);

getaddrinfo hates "::1" as a node parameter.
I've attached a tester for getaddrinfo (based on Ulrich Drepper's
http://people.redhat.com/drepper/userapi-ipv6.html )

$> netstat -a -t -p
  tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*
LISTEN     -
  tcp6       0      0 *:ssh                   *:*
LISTEN     -

$>./test ::1 ssh
./test: getaddrinfo: Address family for hostname not supported

$> telnet ::1 ssh
Trying ::1...
Connected to ::1.
Escape character is '^]'.
SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-8ubuntu1

$>./test ::1 www
./test: getaddrinfo: Address family for hostname not supported

$>telnet ::1 www
Trying ::1...

both
$>./test 127.0.0.1 www
and
$>./test 127.0.0.1 ssh

succeed (aka I can talk to the www or ssh daemons running on my system).

If anyone's got a clue, please say so ... I'm kind of in the mists now :)
If not, when I get the time, I'll look into telnet's implementation to
see what they do to accept "::1"

--
Lucian Adrian Grijincu