apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Lucian Adrian Grijincu" <lucian.griji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release APR 1.2.9/0.9.14 and apr-iconv 1.2.0
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:39:53 GMT
the cause: segmentation fault at:
     rv = apr_socket_bind(sock, to);
from static void sendto_receivefrom(abts_case *tc, void *data)
from testsockets.c
the second parameter given is NULL:
     apr_socket_bind (sock=0x80d3c78, sa=0x0) at network_io/unix/sockets.c:154

the NULL value comes from
     rv = apr_sockaddr_info_get(&to, addr, APR_UNSPEC, 7772, 0, p);
Which was supposed to initialize it, but failed to.

digging deeper we get into network_io/unix/soccaddr.c, where there's a
this call
     error = getaddrinfo(hostname, servname, &hints, &ai_list);
This returns -9 which gai_strerror says it means "Address family for
hostname not supported".
getaddrinfo's input params are:
   hostname ="::1"
   servname = 0x0
   hints         = {ai_flags = AI_ADDRCONFIG, ai_family = 0,
ai_socktype = 1, ai_protocol = 0, ai_addrlen = 0, ai_addr = 0x0,
ai_canonname = 0x0, ai_next = 0x0}

Will dig deeper, but if somebody has some knowledge why this would
fail, jump in :)

--
Lucian Adrian Grijincu