apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release APR 1.2.9/0.9.14 and apr-iconv 1.2.0
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:07:01 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> I was hoping to see this get some testing on some more exotic/less
> modern systems, to try to flush out any regressions :(

Well the new logic is quite clean.  Someday a lcllibpth like variable
that perl builds would be sweet (for searching the unusual/platform
specific locations like /sw/bin, /opt/sfw, /usr/sfw etc).  Nothing
wrong with asking users to be specific if it's not in the expected
locations, though.

> But since more and more systems are hitting this it's probably worth
> including in 1.2.x.  Thanks for the backport, testing, and persistence -
> r545129.

Not that we care quite so much anymore, but does 0.9 hit the same issue?