apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Marshall Powers" <mpow...@appsecinc.com>
Subject Problem with iconv charsets...
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:20:33 GMT
I'm trying to use APR-1.2.7 in Log4Cxx 0.10 on AIX 5.3. When I run my
program, I get an exception "APR_LOCALE_CHARSET" in the createDefaultEncoder
method. I think this problem is related to the iconv that is installed on
this machine. When I run iconv -l, among the various charsets I see
"ISO8859-1". However, in the source for Log4Cxx and APR, the only string
literals I see are for "ISO-8859-1" (note the extra dash). Is there any
simple way to work around this problem? Is this potentially a portability
issue with APR/log4cxx (that is, if I distribute some app that uses APR, and
my user doesn't have "ISO-8859-1" in their iconv, is my app going to crash?)

Thanks,
Marshall Powers