apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject apr_dbd: supporting multiple selects + results sets
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 08:31:52 GMT
Hi Guys,

One of the 'new' features of mysql (in 5.0) is the support of multiple
result sets being returned to the client, and the ability to send
multiple statements in 1 shot by setting a flag when you open the
connection. Multiple result sets are also required if you intent to call
stored procs.

I plan on using it to pipeline SQL requests, and to call stored procs in
mysql.

So.. 2 questions.

Is this functionality interesting for the APR DBD library in general,
Is there similar functionality available in other db's that people know of?

from what I can see, you would need to be able to send a flag on the
connect string to enable it, and create a function 'next_result' so you
can loop through the result sets, and change client code to cater for
the possibility of getting multiple result sets.

more info available here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/c-api-multiple-queries.html