apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Small trip on the way way back machine
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 03:41:26 GMT
Some of you remember Ryan's idea of collecting a toolchain of the
good old standby shell commands written in apr, which he started here;

https://rkbloom.dyndns.org/viewsvn/porttools/trunk/

I'm not sure where he left that (I pinged him) and am unsure if anyone
else took up this challenge of replacing the old favorites.  But if
anyone knows, I'd appreciate a pointer.

If there is none active, and Ryan has little interest, does anyone else
share an interest in hacking some of these most-commonly-needed tools?

My biggie of this week is fighting with overloaded solaris and hpux boxes
with too many copies of gcc/cc, and needed to pin down which-is-which.
Of course your typical, stock 'which' doesn't support -a.

But I'd always wanted 'which' to do more, such as tell me where the heck
some specific lib or include lives on an INCLUDE or LIB path list.  So
my solution is at http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/witch.c - and I'm
considering different possible homes for it - either here at the ASF, or
elsewhere if there really isn't much interest.

Thoughts or interest?

Bill