apr-dev mailing list archives

From Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r526257 - /apr/apr/trunk/build/NWGNUtail.inc
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 00:09:16 GMT

Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Would you assist in building a proper string which preferredly would fit into 78 char
limit?
> Also please no comma or semicolon if possible (but maybe I can manage to have the linker
accept this)....

> what about:
> NLM_COPYRIGHT = Licensed to Apache Software Foundation under the Apache License Version
2.0
> = 76 chars

Also incorrect, IIUC.

The software is licensed *to* the ASF under one or more CLAs, and then
licensed *by* the ASF under the Apache License.

I'm deeply hesitant about attempting to paraphrase legal text. Perhaps
just "Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0"? (Is a comma
really disallowed?)

Max.