apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Aizer Danny-BDA023" <Danny.Ai...@motorola.com>
Subject RE: Default APR sizes of size_t and ssize_t when cross compiling
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:54:21 GMT

Hi Bob,

I can probably do that, but I wanted to understand if this is the
preferred way to deal with configuration for cross-compilation. My
impression was that HTTPD (and APR) can be cross-compiled without any
special intervention assuming that all needed environment variables are
set and command-line parameters are given appropriately to ./configure .

If that is not the way most people cross-compile, then I will "patch"
the configure.in as you suggested - although I still would like to
understand (having read a lot about autoconf and related *.m4 and other
files, so I'm being curious here) why aren't the ac_cv_* calculated by
running the cross-compiler CC to test for the actual sizes (and other
such values needed) of size_t and ssize_t.

Thanks,
/Danny