apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tollef Fog Heen <tfh...@err.no>
Subject Re: Generic errors
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:18:14 GMT
* "William A. Rowe, Jr."

| Does it make more sense for more complex functions to return a richer
| result?  Or how are you thinking of associating the error with the
| additional information in a reentrant manner?

I think I misunderstood David's proposal in the same way as you did.
What he was thinking about was embedding either the error structure
itself or a pointer to it in the opaque APR types, like
apr_thread_mutex_t or apr_time_t.  So if your apr_thread_mutex_create
call failed and returned EGENERIC you would call apr_thread_get_error
with the apr_thread_mutex_t you passed to _create as an argument.

(David, please correct me if I'm misrepresenting your ideas here.)

--
Tollef Fog Heen