apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Ready for 1.2.8 tags? (1.2.0 of apr-iconv)
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 23:20:19 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 12:37 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> I'd like to lay these tags down and roll candidates this Saturday.
>
> I'd like to see two things happen before tagging:
>
> - DBD drivers as DSOs backport (APR-util)
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40apr.apache.org/msg18012.html

-1 - scope change, this seems it would violate versioning rules, or
at least in the sense of stability.  Better for 1.3.0 / 2.0.0, and
would rather ensure we've *solved* ALL the dynamic cases for dbd, dbm,
ldap, expat and openssl instead of dealing with these piecemeal.

(Not suggesting the patch isn't the solution for all, if adapted,
just that I'm not familiar enough with it yet, and it is very heavy
weight for a minor bugfix release.)

> - apr_file_gets()/apr_file_read() locking fix backport (APR)
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40apr.apache.org/msg18132.html

Sounds good, citation of the actual commit to trunk?

> PS. The locking patch is for Unix only. It would be good if folks that
> do stuff for other platforms could have a look if there are similar
> problems there.

Speaking of which, if the apr_sdbm patch to *accept* buffered mode flag
(not trigger it) would be dandy if not already backported.

Bill