apr-dev mailing list archives

From David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject future of ssl code
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:40:30 GMT
A while back there was a comment on this list that the ssl code should
be "ripped out" before the next release. There was no additional
information as to why, but that's OK.

Maybe it should be removed into a seperate module along the same lines
as apr-iconv? Additionally we should look at what really needs to go
into it. There are a few bits of code that I'd like to think about
moving into a library with apr's platform independance, but the bloat
that is apr-util no longer seems like the ideal landing site.

So, thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

FWIW, this will have ramifications for some other code that I plan on
working on soon(ish).

david