apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Win64 Support?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:41:01 GMT
Fenlason, Josh wrote:
> I'm only a halfwit when it comes to native stuff on Windows, so please
> forgive my ignorance.  I installed the "Microsoft Platform SDK for
> Windows Server 2003 R2", opened a Windows x64 bit command prompt and
> built a 64bit OpenSSL.  Is there no easy way to do something similar
> with APR?  Thanks.

>From that command prompt, the .mak files in the -win32-src.zip files should
compile (and the results WILL be 64 bits.)

MS distinguishes their 32 vs 64 bit builds by the CL/LINK you invoke, not
(so much) by flags.

Let us know if the build stumbles.  Because you can't run 64 bits on ancient
Windows, if you are compiling trunk, you should certainly compile the targets
as ReleaseNT, e.g.

NMAKE /f "libapr.mak" CFG="libapr - Win32 ReleaseNT"

but not in apr 1.2.x, simply use the Release target.