apr-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: [Tip of the Day] getaddrinfo is not just for IPv6
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 11:11:50 GMT
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 12:28:48PM +0200, Lucian Adrian Grijincu wrote:
> I appologise about that, the mail was supposed to go to another
> dev@domain.tld mailing list.

For what it's worth APR's wrappers around getaddrinfo and getnameinfo
are an excellent source of oducmentation on the real-world
implementation bugs. We've added work-arounds for the various problems
on some versions of OS X, Tru64 and more.

In particular, reverse-lookups for IPv4-mapped-IPv6 addresses greatly
benefit from the hack to pretend that they were just IPv4 addresses all
along. There are still shipping OS's which don't get that right.