apr-dev mailing list archives

From david reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: dyanmic loading revisited
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:34:39 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> david reid wrote:
>> For the build, I imagine something akin to apxs would be needed, which
>> would install both the module and the headers that it needed while
>> adjusting the build flags accordingly. Whether this is possible to do
>> cleanly on every platform I have no idea, though I suspect a few people
>> here will have more idea :-)
>
> In Perl or Python :-?  Or our own binary, for that matter?

I'd have thought a script language as otherwise we run into the whole
chicken and egg issues of having a multi-platform binary.

We could have one in perl and one in python - Paul could even have his
own lua version :-) I think that whatever we write we need to figure out
how it works and document that very carefully so that we control the
"process" rather than simply "write a script".

--
david

http://feathercast.org/