apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r509038 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/apr_poll.h poll/unix/epoll.c poll/unix/kqueue.c test/testpoll.c
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:47:16 GMT
On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 09:02:41AM -0800, Paul Querna wrote:
> Paul Querna wrote:
> > Sure, I can add stubs with ENOTIMPL if thats the way people want to go :-)
>
> r509637 adds stubs for poll and select.
>
> >> Also a significant lack of API documentation here!
> >
> > Yup, Its on my todo to add the API docs.... but at least there was one
> > test case, right?

It made my day.

> r509647 adds doxygen comments and docs for the pollcb functions.
> (Not really happy with all of the remarks, need to write something
> explaining why you would want to use it over apr_pollset*).

Thanks Paul.  A few questions:

- the "flags" argument to _create() must currently be zero since no
  flags are supported, correct? (and the APR_POLLSET_* flags are not
  relevant)

- the size parameter to _create() is documented to constrain the
  number of descriptors "returned" by _poll(), but that function
  doesn't really return descriptors.

- relatedly; _add() does not enforce the number of descriptors added
  to "nalloc", nor dynamically grow the pollset; _poll() will crash
  and burn if the user adds too many descriptors - is that
  intentional?

joe