apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Fw: dyanmic loading revisited
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:34:59 GMT
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:19:07 +0000
david reid <david@jetnet.co.uk> wrote:

[aaargh!  You copied me, and I just hit reply when
it should've gone to the list.  I prefer just the
one copy of your mail, which should be the one
arriving from the list]

> Actually I think wrowe had an interesting point - if we get this right
> is there a reason for apr-util anymore? Removing the divide may well
> make things easier and would reduce our development overhead.

Agreed.  I was kind-of taking it as implicit that the distinction,
insofar as it lives on, is between a core library (libapr) with
minimal or no dependencies, and a bunch of dynamically loadable
modules corresponding broadly to the current apr-util.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/

--