apr-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Samuelson <pe...@p12n.org>
Subject Re: _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 _LARGEFILE_SOURCE undefined when LFS enabled
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:11:39 GMT

[sorry for late reply, I'm catching up a bit on old list mail]

[Lucian Adrian Grijincu]
> apr_dir_read puts the returned data in and apr_finfo_t structure, which
> has an apr_ino_t field. This field is 4 or 8 bytes in size dependent on
> _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 being either undefined or defined.

Indeed - but forcing every apr-using application to also use LFS is not
optimal either.

We ran into this issue in Debian, and kludged it by patching
apr_file_info.h not to use ino_t at all, but instead 'unsigned int' or
'unsigned long' depending on platform.  I also added a build-time test
to ensure we're using the same field size on each platform that we did
before the patch, so as not to change our ABI (so apps did not need to
be recompiled).