apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Chad Fox" <c...@gigapogo.com>
Subject Re: APR failing in low memory situations
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:20:26 GMT
On Thu, February 22, 2007 5:11 pm, M Joonas Pihlaja wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>

>> M Joonas Pihlaja wrote:
>>
>>> However, I fear the ripple effect
>>>
>> No kidding :-)  If your app has exhausted memory, your reduced to
>> playing a never ending game of 'whack-a-mole' by attempting to tolerate
>> all of the ensuing 'bad stuff' that happens.
>>

> Well... it's only 'bad stuff' if you didn't see it coming. ;)

Sorry for the additional email, but I ran into this old thread on this topic:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/200107.mbox/%3CPine.LNX.4.33.0107071057580.10441-100000@twinlark.arctic.org%3E

That discussion makes sense, I was just seeing apr_palloc as malloc, but
the abort function fills the gap.

Thanks
Chad