apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Brashears <aar...@lindenlab.com>
Subject Unresolved symbol for fprintf
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:59:25 GMT
I am having a problem using apr with gcc 4.0.1 on mac osx. When I
compile apr-1.2.8, getopt.o contains this reference in the symbol table:

          U _fprintf$LDBLStub

When linking my application, xcode reports that it cannot find that
symbol and the link fails. So, I switched gcc to 3.3 and rebuilt apr.
Looking at the symbols in getopt.o, it exports:

          U _fprintf

It seems unusual that gcc 4.0 would generate a symbol which it cannot
link to later. The application I am building is using xcode, gcc 4.0,
and linking to the standard c libraries shipped with it including the
10.3.9 compatibility libraries.

I would like to build apr with gcc 4.0. Does anyone know how to
accomplish this?

View raw message