apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tollef Fog Heen <tfh...@err.no>
Subject Re: MD4/MD5 implementation is non-free
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:15:19 GMT
* "Garrett Rooney"

(Sorry about being slow to respond, I've been busy with work.)

| There seem to be numerous places where the xlate functionality is
| kinda weird.  You have commented out some variable declarations, and
| while there are some calls to xlate remaining, it seems like there are
| considerably less than there used to be.  Is this just unfinished?

Yes, it's unfinished and I'm not totally clear on how xlate works/is
supposed to work, so I would like somebody who knows that bit to poke
it and see if it works or what needs to be changed for it to work.

| Similarly there is a comment in apr_md5.c that indicates that the
| xlate stuff isn't done, but I do see calls to xlate in there.  What's
| the story on this?

Same as above.

| Second, you added comments to the effect that you modified the code
| for use in APR.  That's not usually how things are done in APR, credit
| for contributors goes in the CHANGES file, not in the code itself.

I did it this way because the current one had it that way.  I'd be
happy to have it go in CHANGES.

| I'm also curious how large the modifications were, if it's
| substantial, we'll want to get a CLA on file for you if you don't have
| one already.

They're not very big, but I'll be happy to fill out a CLA.  It's the
form at http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt, right?

| Thanks for your work on this, and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get
| back to it.

I've been slack in following up on it too, so my apologies.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-