apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Garnier, Jeremie" <JGarn...@nds.com>
Subject RE: Connection pooling
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:44:23 GMT
Hi all,

I see that apr_reslist and apr_dbd are the essential elements for making connection pooling
with database (oracle). And so I want to use mod_dbd as I want to make an application via
apache (PHP page or script perl, cgi...). But mod_dbd is only accessible via other apache
module. We can't access to it by another way that why I try to find how to make connection
pooling with apache (and so with mod_dbd).

Jérémie

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Nick Kew [mailto:nick@webthing.com]
Envoyé : mardi 30 janvier 2007 21:12
À : dev@apr.apache.org
Objet : Re: Connection pooling

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:34:33 +0100
"Garnier, Jeremie" <JGarnier@nds.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer that help me...
> I see that apr_reslist already support connection pooling... and
> mod_dbd use the connection pooling via svr_cfg->dbpool... There is
> always the same problem: how use the mod_dbd and the dbpool via an
> extern application. Thanks,

That doesn't make sense.

What you need for connection pooling is the same building blocks
used by mod_dbd: namely apr_dbd and apr_reslist.  mod_dbd is just
an interface layer to wrap those in Apache, and make them accessible
from the core objects (server, connection, request).

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/
Information contained in this email message is confidential and may be privileged, and is
intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and destroy the original message.