apr-dev mailing list archives

From генерал Пурпоз <kb2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re[2]: Porting APR to QNX4: portability problems.
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:51:08 GMT
Hello William,

> It looks like your QNX4 compiler isn't modern enough to support apr.
> I don't have a clean solution to suggest :(
[rant]
Pity...
I thought the "Portable" in the project's name would oblige to a some
degree... And I'm still in APR, APR-UTIL is far less friendly...
Consider the "tm_usec" in the "struct tm"!
[/rant]
(Offtopic: there is hope, the OpenWATCOM is being ported too, with
full int64 support)

>> I'm tempted to see the "//node-ID/" as the "C:/" on MS-DOS, am I
>> wrong?
> Similar, yes. But I'd suggest it's more like //machine/share/ syntax
> on MS-DOS.
I'm yet to understand what does that interpretation mean to me on
QNX4.

> The root of the local node could reduce //0/ to /, yes.
Does this mean that APR will not work across the network? On QNX4 a
user may refer to a file|folder on another node. The porting of APR is
the part of my attempt to port the SVN. So, it would be great to be
able to send "svn checkout URL@REV //other-node-ID/path/to/a/working/dir"...

>>> If they pass the "//local-ID/foo" path, they better get back "/foo".
In the light of the above - if I get the fullpath of local resource
I'll return "/foo" but if I get non-local "//node-ID/foo" - should I
keep it as is?
//my-node-ID/foo == /foo
//other-node/foo == //other-node/foo
Will this break anything in the APR?

> If QNX4 is case-preserving, case-sensitive, then TRUENAME flag does
> nothing.
OK, QNX4 respects the case.

--
Best regards,