apr-dev mailing list archives

From генерал Пурпоз <kb2...@gmail.com>
Subject Porting APR to QNX4: portability problems.
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:54:26 GMT
Hello dev,

  I'm porting the APR|APR-UTIL v1.2.8 to QNX4 - a UNIX clone.

  Despite it's name - the APR is not so easily portable. The v1.2.8 is
  far less friendly than the v0.9.12 (which is bundled with the SVN
  v1.4.3).

  My host OS (QNX v4.25G) has no support for either "threads" and
  "shared objects". Is the "DSO" the "shared object"?
  Am I doomed to fail without both?

  Also, my toolchain has no support for "long long"s a.k.a. int64, is
  this the showstoper?

  Lots of too bold assumptions are made regarding the "struct tm"
  contents available on a host OS...
  (The similar time|date related functions found in the "neon v0.26.3"
  library are very portable.)

  Are there any plans to make APR|APR-UTIL a bit more portable?
  Could you please make the "expat" dependency controllable?
  I've ported the "expat v2.0.0" successfully (it is required for the
  "neon" library as well), it would be nice to be able to link the APR
  against the already installed "expat".
  (By the way, are there any strict demands regarding the "expat"
  library version?)

  Thank you in advance.

--
Best regards,