apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Problem: "undefined symbol: apr_get_username"
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:47:07 GMT
On 1/15/07, Jens Meyer <jm@jensmeyer.de> wrote:
> I tried to add a new module. The module was compiled without problems.
> But when including the module and restarting Apache I get the following
> error-message:
>
> -->
> Cannot load /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_watch.so into server:
> /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_watch.so: undefined symbol: apr_get_username
> <--

apr 1.x renamed apr_get_username to apr_uid_name_get.  So, this sounds
like your mod_watch module is expecting an APR 0.9.x interface while
you have APR 1.x available.  Hence, I'd recommend recompiling with
httpd 2.2+ with APR 1.2+ - or you'd need to use httpd 2.0.x and APR
0.9.x instead.

It seems that the author of mod_watch has yanked the code, so I can't
find it easily to tell you how easy it'd be to make mod_watch work
with httpd 2.2+ and APR 1.2+.

HTH.  -- justin