apr-dev mailing list archives

From Lucian Adrian Grijincu <lucian.griji...@avira.com>
Subject _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 _LARGEFILE_SOURCE undefined when LFS enabled
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:01:15 GMT
when I compile APR with "--enable-lfs" only _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE gets
added to the CFLAGS.
my application depends on "_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" and "_LARGEFILE_SOURCE"
and I have some problems linking with the APR code.

apr_dir_read puts the returned data in and apr_finfo_t structure, which
has an apr_ino_t field. This field is 4 or 8 bytes in size dependent on
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 being either undefined or defined.

now, if apr_ino_t would be an 8 bytes value on all platforms (using only
the lower 4 bytes on all platforms that only need those) this would not
be such an issue (I haven't seen any other problem yet coming from
compiling with a different set of flags ), but I'd like to know why APR
only defines _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE, and doesn't provide a means to specify
the  rest of the flags.

--
Thanx,
Lucian Adrian Grijincu