apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Connection pooling
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:11:55 GMT
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:34:33 +0100
"Garnier, Jeremie" <JGarnier@nds.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer that help me...
> I see that apr_reslist already support connection pooling... and
> mod_dbd use the connection pooling via svr_cfg->dbpool... There is
> always the same problem: how use the mod_dbd and the dbpool via an
> extern application. Thanks,

That doesn't make sense.

What you need for connection pooling is the same building blocks
used by mod_dbd: namely apr_dbd and apr_reslist.  mod_dbd is just
an interface layer to wrap those in Apache, and make them accessible
from the core objects (server, connection, request).

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/