apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Customize lib path list (lib64 et al)?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:00:23 GMT
On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 06:09:38PM -0600, William Rowe wrote:
> There is a very slick feature in perl, burried quite deeply, that
> might be useful for our users of ./configure (and apr's as well.)
>
> loclibpth/locincpth define the system search order

They don't, though.  The *toolchain* defines the header/library search
paths and there is no portable way to extract those paths from the
toolchain.  configure code which requires knowledge of the search paths
is hence inevitably broken and non-portable, and usually fails to obey
CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS to boot.

joe