apr-dev mailing list archives

From генерал Пурпоз <kb2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re[2]: Porting APR to QNX4: portability problems.
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:44:10 GMT
Hello William,

> It can NOT have a smaller range.  apr_int64_t is a contract that there
> are 64 available bits.  If it had 72 bits that wouldn't be the end of
> the world.  Is long double or some other type on the watcom compiler
> available?
Here's what my documentation sais:
basic type   sizeof()
char.........1
short int....2
int..........4
long int.....4
float........4
double.......8
near*........4
far*.........6

What would you suggest here?

> A fullpath is the absolute path (truename is the canonical form that must
> be in the proper case).

> A root is something you must not ../ up and around.  So it seems to me that
> your root is "//node-ID/".
OK, I can get it by 'strcat( qnx_prefix_getroot(), "/" )'.
But I'm tempted to see it as the "C:/" on MS-DOS, am I wrong?

> But obviously on this OS, the local node is the equivilant of "/".
Did you mean "the root"?

> If you want to use the short node ID on the local paths, that's fine
> (those roots are "/"). It's important that the paths are
> **consistent**!!! That will allow folks who test filenames for
> security purposes are comparing apples to apples.
I'm still confused. Where can I read more about it?
(I did read the "./docs/canonical-filenames.html" caveats and warnings
but that did not enlighten me yet...)

> If they pass the "//local-ID/foo" path, they better get back "/foo".
But would not it break the test suite?
Besides, there is a notion of a "default node ID": //0/some/path -
this exactly what you called "//local-ID/foo", it works on any node
and points to a local resource.

When|how the "APR_FILEPATH_TRUENAME" flag is used?
Should I return the "//node-ID/path/to/file" if APR_FILEPATH_TRUENAME
is set?

--
Best regards,
 Anthony                    mailto:kb2wjw@gmail.com