apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: DBD: Prepared statements, BLOBs etc.
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:34:06 GMT
On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 14:17 +1100, Geoffrey Giesemann wrote:

> Can you try:
>
> INSERT INTO Print_media(Product_id, Ad_id, Ad_sourcetext VALUES
>  (2004, 1, TO_LOB(:SRCTXT))
>            ^^^^^^
> instead?

Unfortunately, changing SQL wasn't an option, as this is something users
carve by hand and give to APU DBD. The goal is that it should "just
work", for most common cases.

> This suggests that the implicit data type for :SRCTXT is a LONG (for
> some reason).  Is there a more specific bind type you could use? (other
> than SQLT_CHR)

The fix was actually to use types depending on the nature of LOB. For
CLOBs, either SQLT_CHR or SQLT_LNG worked fine. But for BLOBs, one needs
to use SQLT_LBI (or maybe something else I'm yet unaware of). And since
my test table had a mix of both and Oracle wouldn't tell me on which
column the problem actually was, plus the fact that I didn't find the
SQLT_LBI mentioned anywhere in the docs, it took a while to figure
things out.

Thanks for your help,
--
Bojan