apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: DBD: Prepared statements, BLOBs etc.
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:21:54 GMT
On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 23:58 +0100, Antonio Alvarado Hernández wrote:

>  - Binding by position is same as your example bellow.

In APU DBD, we always bind by position, so we should be good.

> If you binding as at point (1). above, you are limited to 4GB of
> length (not 128 terabytes ;-)

He, he... I think we'll be OK with this. For a while ;-)

> (3). apr_dbd_lob_t can be used for real LOB piecewise manipulation.  I
> don't know if this feature is needed by other drivers (e.g. MySQL,
> Postgres, and so on)

We could use it (actually, I have patches that do so :-), but it is not
mandatory. Other structures we already have in APU may do just fine
(e.g. apr_datum_t). I just wanted to stay away from introducing
something that is not entirely required. KISS and all.

> I'm not an expert in OCI nor APR-DBD but I feel this maybe my 2 cents :-)

Thanks. Any info on OCI is welcome. To me, OCI is still a bit of a
mystery :-)

--
Bojan