apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Onwards to 1.3.0? Or 2.0.0?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 23:05:50 GMT
On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 12:46 -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> So with a goal of a release sometime in the next few months, we've come to
> the fork in the road.  Individually, would we rather see...
>
>  [X]  1.3.0 released, all new features added
>  [X]  2.0.0 released, new + deprecation + renames + reorganizations

Rationale:

We should give new functionality to current 1.x users, without the need
to redo their source/binary code. Given that 1.3 is backward compatible
with 1.2, it is 1.3 that should be maintained into the future. At the
same time, people willing/able to change should be able to pick the lot
up using new API/ABI in 2.0.

--
Bojan