apr-dev mailing list archives

From "John Vandenberg" <jay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: building apr on cygwin for mingw
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:23:24 GMT
On 12/12/06, Bob Rossi <bob_rossi@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 08:42:29PM +1100, John Vandenberg wrote:
> > >
> > >Was i supposed to do this?
> >
> > Ralf Wildenhues has removed the offending blank line from libtool.
>
> Thanks John, for getting that done. Should I wait for the next release
> of libtool to come out, or is the regex going to be modified?

libtool 1.5.23a is an alpha release, so this problem has never made it
out into the wild, thanks to your bug report.  Personally, I dont
think the sed expression in the APR needs to change -- it could be
more permissive, but I pretty sure that we wont be seeing libtool emit
a leading blank line for a very long time -- next time it will be some
other minor unintentional change, and its hard to predict what it will
be.

Did you end up with libtool 1.5.23a by doing a standard cygwin
install, or did you specifically select that version?

If it was automagically selected for you, then my guess is that
another cygwin package you installed depended on that alpha release of
libtool, and I would recommend that you discuss this with the cygwin
list.

If you specifically selected version 1.5.23a, consider rolling back to 1.5.22

Alternatively, you could "fix" the current alpha version of libtool
you have installed: edit /usr/bin/libtool and remove the blank line
(around line 838) that caused this glitch.

--
John