apr-dev mailing list archives

From "John Vandenberg" <jay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: building apr on cygwin for mingw
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 03:24:16 GMT
On 12/2/06, Bob Rossi <bob_rossi@cox.net> wrote:
> Hi,

> Secondly, the APR_CHECK_SIZEOF_EXTENDED isn't working for me because the
> default for the cross compiled size is 8. However, ssize_t for me is 4.
> So, the configure fails. I made this change:
>
>   -APR_CHECK_SIZEOF_EXTENDED([#include <sys/types.h>], ssize_t, 8)
>   +AC_CHECK_SIZEOF([ssize_t], [#include <stdio.h>
>   +#include <sys/types.h>])
>
> and things work nicely. Would a patch like this be acceptable? There are
> 5 changes I made just like this. Finally, the macro
> APR_CHECK_SIZEOF_EXTENDED could probably be removed.

This makes sense.  Apr currently depends on autoconf 2.50; in that
release AC_CHECK_SIZEOF was enhanced to determine the size without
using AC_TRY_RUN.  In order to replace APR_CHECK_SIZEOF_EXTENDED, we
need to verify that AC_CHECK_SIZEOF supports non-builtin types.  I was
able to successfully replace APR_CHECK_SIZEOF_EXTENDED with
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF in conjunction with autoconf 2.53 and 2.59 on Fedora
Core 3, however I was unable to build autoconf 2.50 or 2.52 on my FC3
box, so further verification is needed.

--
John