apr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Darroch <chr...@pearsoncmg.com>
Subject Re: reslists and sub-pools
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:44:35 GMT
Hi --

Chris Darroch wrote:

>    Yes, thank you, that would work nicely!  If apr_reslist_create()
> registered its cleanup function as a pre-cleanup, I think it would
> work just as you say; existing users of reslists who might have
> apr_pool_destroy() in their destructors wouldn't need to alter
> anything.  I guess this fix would require a joint release of
> APR and APR-util ... how does that work, BTW?

   I suppose the most obvious thing might be to have APR export
an APR_HAS_PRE_CLEANUP, then add a simple conditional in
apr_reslist_create() to use a pre-cleanup if that's available.

   Alternately, APR-util's autoconf could test for the existence
of apr_pool_pre_cleanup_register() and set an APU_HAS_PRE_CLEANUP,
I guess.  Out of interest, which would be the preferred option?

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B