apr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Darroch <chr...@pearsoncmg.com>
Subject Re: reslists and sub-pools
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:22:01 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> I already proposed a solution to this problem few months ago.
> IMO the solution is to have two cleanup callback lists and an
> api that could mark the callback as pre-subpool-destroy.
>
> So instead having:
> apr_pool_destroy/clear {
>    destroy_all_subpools
>    run_cleanup_callbacks
> }
>
> we would have:
> apr_pool_destroy/clear {
>    run_pred_cleanup_callbacks
>    destroy_all_subpools
>    run_post_cleanup_callbacks
> }

   Yes, thank you, that would work nicely!  If apr_reslist_create()
registered its cleanup function as a pre-cleanup, I think it would
work just as you say; existing users of reslists who might have
apr_pool_destroy() in their destructors wouldn't need to alter
anything.  I guess this fix would require a joint release of
APR and APR-util ... how does that work, BTW?

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B