apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Results on 1.2.8/0.9.13, roll apr-iconv?
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 17:41:42 GMT
Kean Johnston wrote:
>> I realize next-to-nobody is trying to build apr-iconv-1 on unix, and even
> I am :) And I just ran into the issue where apu-1-config refers to the
> internal source directory for apr-iconv, and the fact that the headers
> for apr-iconv don't get installed.

Apparently, although apr-iconv is meant to be PRIVATE (accessed through
apr-util/xlate API) - we are unable to build apr-util itself, bleh.

It seems the public headers aught to be installed in the apr/apr-util
public directory, so apr-util can reliably build against it.

>> for windows by 2.0 I'd like it to be gone in favor of citrus.  But
>> that said,
>> it's still out there, and we may as well lug it along for one last
>> technically
>> correct release before archiving the effort.  Any volunteer to help on
>> the
>> unix build side?
> Yes, I do. Tell me what you need / want.

Patches are welcome!  Chatter (not official records/decisions) is welcome
on the irc.freenode.net #apr channel to help untangle what is done where,
and why, and how to work around quirks.