apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Rossi <bob_ro...@cox.net>
Subject Re: building apr-util with mingw
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:38:55 GMT
On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 01:03:51PM -0500, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 12/13/06, Paul Querna <chip@force-elite.com> wrote:
>
> >It uses jlibtool, Justin's replacement for libtool.
> >
> >The source code for it is here:
> >http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk/build/jlibtool.c
> >
> >Its faster, and doesn't suck :)
>
> Although don't assume that it's 100% compatible with normal libtool ;-)

Is this going to go upstream into the autotools stuff eventually?

Using both normal libtool, and experimental one, I get the same results.
Both have this error during configure, but configure does continue on.

  checking dynamic linker characteristics... /home/bobbybrasko/log4cxx/apr-util/src/apr-util/xml/expat/con
  figure: -print-search-dirs: command not found
  /home/bobbybrasko/log4cxx/apr-util/src/apr-util/xml/expat/configure: -print-search-dirs:
command not found

Both give this as a warning:

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive /home/bobbybrasko/log4cxx/apr-util/src/apr-util/xml/expat/lib/libexpat.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive /home/bobbybrasko/vigilant/apr/apr-1.3.0-cvs/lib/libapr-1.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-mingw32 shared libraries

Is this normal?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi