apr-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: [WIN32] IPV4/IPV6 differences
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:21:01 GMT
On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 03:41:55PM +0100, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> >On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 02:58:04PM +0100, Mladen Turk wrote:
> >>On WIN32, APR by default comes with IPV6 disabled.
> >
> >I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean the binary builds
> >particular developers make?
>
> Yes and no. IPV6 on WIN32/WIN64 can be enabled only by
> manually editing the apr.hw. On nixes it's configure.in-ed.

I always thought those were comparable proccess :-)

> So you are saying that the same API behaves differently
> depending on the OS beneath. Then what's the purpose of the APR?

No, the API behaves no differently at all. The API deals with you
wanting to listen on the ANY just fine, on windows and so on it will
return :: and 0.0.0.0 and if you listen on both it will work.

It returns a list of addresses to listen on, not just one :-)