apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Rossi <bob_ro...@cox.net>
Subject Re: building apr on cygwin for mingw
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 04:20:33 GMT
On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 02:55:09PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > Failed Tests   		Total	Fail	Failed %
> > testdso        		    5	   4	 80.00%
> > testpipe       		    9	   2	 22.22%
>
> testpipe errors are expected.  Filesystem pipes on windows do not behave
> in a socket-compatible, select()able manner.
>
> testdso is another story - perhaps it believes it's using the dlxxx flavor
> instead of windows, and some common code it causing it to throw up?

When I compile apr nativly, with mingw, I get the same test results.

Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
testdso                     5      4     80.00%
testpipe                    9      2     22.22%
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kelli/apr/apr/test'

Is this a regression in apr svn trunk?

Also, if I used cl to compile apr, would that make more tests pass? For
example, does cl somehow have more capabilities on windows than mingw?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi