apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr / apr-util 1.2.8 / 0.9.13
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 09:38:11 GMT
On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 01:44:41PM -0800, Sander Temme wrote:
> So, no regression.
>
> However, if I build and test from a source tree in /tmp, like you,
> testlfs fails for me even more verbosely than for you:
>
> sctemme@solaris10:/tmp/apr-1.2.8/test$./testall -v testlfs
> testlfs             : |Line 79: truncate file to 8gb (28): No space
> left on device

That all makes sense then, definitely no need to hold up any release for
these.  I don't see much motivation to tweak testlfs to avoid that
failure cause.

I've tweaked testsockets to give a useful error message for that failure
cause if somneone wants to re-run that, doubtless it is failing simply
because this is a configuration which allows creating a PF_INET6 socket
but refuses to bind() it with no interfaces configured.

The poll issue is presumably something funky in the port-based poll
backend and is Solaris-specific.

Regards,

joe