apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can some one please explain what is apr-util or where to find docs ?
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:15:31 GMT
On 11/12/06, legolas wood <legolas.w@gmail.com> wrote:
> can some one please explain what is apr-util project or give me a link
> to some more
> documentation that explains the project purpose?

A good description of apr-util is not so easy to find ;)

It is a companion library to apr which provides additional utility modules.

Compare
http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/modules.html
with
http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/modules.html

apr contains core features such as string and memory management which
are needed by the rest of apr and apr-util.  apr also contains basic
library routines such as file I/O, network I/O, threading, locking,
etc. which are required by a large variety of programs.

apr-util is everything else -- generally higher level features which,
individually, are not needed by nearly as many programs.