apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr / apr-util 1.2.8 / 0.9.13
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:44:41 GMT

On Nov 30, 2006, at 12:51 PM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 05:04:41PM +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 08:40:05AM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>>> APR test failures on Solaris 10, but not enough for me to consider a
>>> showstopper for 1.2.8.  Details below.  APR tests passed on Mac
>>> OS X.
>>> And, APR-util tests passed on both.
>>>
>>> Thanks for RMing!  -- justin
>>>
>>> Solaris 10/Intel, Sun Studio 11:
>>> testlfs             : FAILED 1 of 9 (don't have 8GB free on device)
>>> testpoll            : /Line 314: expected <5>, but saw <4>
>>>                      FAILED 1 of 13
>>> testsockets         : -Line 148: expected <0>, but saw <126>
>>>                      hung
>>
>> Are these regressions since 1.2.7?  I've not seen any report of
>> testlfs
>> failures on Solaris before AFAIR.  Is this some filesystem which
>> doesn't
>> support sparse files, what's the actual error message?
>
> I am unsure if they are regressions.  But, as I mentioned in ()s
> about testlfs,
> the test for lfs errors out with a message saying that I don't have
> 8GB free on
> the device or that it was out of space.  I was building and testing
> in /tmp
> which is RAM-backed - so I'm going to ignore that failure for now.
> -- justin

I just tried 1.2.8 on my Solaris 10 VMWare instance, and testlfs
passes without complaints. And no way that instance has 8Gb
available. (:

1.2.7:
Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
testpoll                   13      1      7.69%

1.2.8:
Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
testpoll                   13      1      7.69%

So, no regression.

However, if I build and test from a source tree in /tmp, like you,
testlfs fails for me even more verbosely than for you:

sctemme@solaris10:/tmp/apr-1.2.8/test$./testall -v testlfs
testlfs             : |Line 79: truncate file to 8gb (28): No space
left on device

                                                             -Line
90: Large file tests not
enabled

                              /Line 108: Large file tests not
enabled

                             |Line 121: Large file tests not
enabled

                             -Line 176: Large file tests not
enabled

                             /Line 153: Large file tests not
enabled

                             |Line 203: Large file tests not
enabled

                             -Line 228: Large file tests not
enabled

                             /Line 254: Large file tests not
enabled

                             FAILED 1 of 9
Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
testlfs                     9      1     11.11%

So let's chalk that up to an artefact due to the memory backed file
system.

I don't see any issue with testsockets.

S.