apr-dev mailing list archives

From Roland.Schabenber...@AUDI.DE
Subject High resolution timers/sleeping on Win32
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:41:20 GMT
There is a nice (but tricky) way to implement a high resolution sleep
function on Win32. I checked the current APR code, but could not find such
an extension to the standard timing functions.

Is it planned to implement that feature? If so, I might be able to
contribute an unofficial raw version of that implementation - which in the
end is a combination of multimedia-timers and critical sections that
bypasses some of the scheduling problems.

Btw: How accurate is nanosleep on current Linux kernels? Do you get up to
1ms accurate sleeping times?

---
Roland.

PS. ...just found APR and now I'm evaluating it as a replacement for our
existing Win32/Linux API wrapper - so please be gentle upon newbie
questions.