apr-dev mailing list archives

From Lucian Adrian Grijincu <lucian.griji...@avira.com>
Subject Re: Getting the current environment (all of it)
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:57:09 GMT
in windows you can access the environ variable the same way as you would
on unices, just that it's named _environ.
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/stxk41x1(VS.80).aspx
you just need to #define environ _environ and you've got the same name
on both windows and unices.

and I believe that you can do the same on other systems too

you could make a deep copy of this variable (let's name this copy
newenviron), append the new entries that you require(or modify existing
ones) and pass newenviron to apr_proc_create. this way you don't have to
modify the parent's variables and reset them.

en entry in environ is a NUL terminated string of the form
ENV_VARIABLE=ENV_VALUE and the last entry must be a NULL one.

HTH :)

--
Best regards,
Lucian Adrian Grijincu