apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r442492 - /apr/apr/branches/1.2.x/network_io/unix/sockets.c
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:39:13 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> Gah, just realised I never dealt with this, sorry :(
>
> Since this is really an attempt to make a new API guarantee, it is
> something that can only be done in a minor version bump, and would need
> to be done for the other implementations too.

Well, I'm a little torn.  I don't mind offering the 'feature' of not wasting
the memory on failure (now that I know it isn't consistent across platforms
already).  You are half right though - They can't test for 1.2 for example
and expect the API to behave one way or the other.

In 1.3 of course, we can add 'promises' on that behavior.