apr-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Win x64 build targets?
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 09:07:14 GMT
Hi all,
  I just upgraded to a new PC with EM64T enabled, and got WinXP x64
edition, VS 2003 and a 64-bit-enabled version of the Windows SDK.  I
wanted to try building native 64-bit builds of httpd 2.2.3.

APR seems to compile everything, but on linking I get the following error:

        link.exe @C:\DOCUME~1\issac\LOCALS~1\Temp\nm10.tmp
.\Release\apr_atomic.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type
'AMD64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x458'
Stop.

Should this kind of build be possible?  Is there interest in building
"official" 64-bit binaries for windows platforms?  What can I do to help?

  Issac