apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Rossi <bob_ro...@cox.net>
Subject windows && threads
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 04:10:24 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to configure/build apr on windows with threads. I already see
that apr can be built with cl and windows threads. However, currently
I'd like to avoid using cl, since my project uses the autotools.

I have a few questions,

- can apr be built with mingw and cygwin posix threads?
- can apr be built with mingw and native posix threads?
- can apr be built with cygwin g++ and cygwin posix threads?
- can apr be built with cygwin g++ and native posix threads?
- can apr be built with either mingw or g++ and with any thread library?

I can't seem to get past the configure stage, with out it telling me
that apr will disable thread support. If this answer is already
documented, I'm sorry, please point me in the correct direction.

If it's not already documented, it should be added somewhere, as I've
spent several hours trying to solves this problem already. I'm sure it
would benefit a lot of people.

Thanks for the help,
Bob Rossi